Sustainable, high-level relocation
This large international law firm occupied 22 floors across three buildings and wished to amalgamate into one large building to house the whole London office and the team of 650 staff. Therefore, a timescale of three weekends was allocated to complete the move.
Bird & Bird required a full project management plan for the move to ensure that all staff could leave work on the Friday and start work on the Monday morning at their new office, effortlessly and without disruption.
A flexible service was provided that led to a successful, seamless and sustainable relocation for the client.
Project solution summary
In order to facilitate the required moves and clearances, separate stages were meticulously planned by us in conjunction with Bird & Bird’s on-site Facilities team.
During the pre-move period, we initiated and chaired meetings with the client to:
- Develop the strategic removal and relocation plans
- Ascertain which departments were moving into each location within the new building
- Draw up detailed logs of what data and IT material was to be moved
- Provide advice on recycling and disposal services
In accordance with the tight timescale, the relocation was successfully managed over three weekend phases. All carefully-packaged items were moved to their allocated positions within the new building, IT was recommissioned and work stations were ready for Monday morning.
Post-relocation, all three vacated properties were cleared sustainably and cleaned. Some items of furniture that could be reused were reconditioned and donated.
Following the assessment, and strict protocol on data cleansing of IT assets for reuse, over 1,152 kg of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) was sent for recycling at an accredited recycler – as well as 29 cooling devices and 42 small electrical items.
- Onsite IT audit
- Dedicated Moves team and specialist IT engineers
- Decommission and de-racking of comms rooms and other IT estate
- Cable management
- Refurbishing, data cleansing and re-using of IT assets
- Furniture removal, refurbishing and recycling
- IT and WEEE clearance, reuse and recycling
“I would like to express my thanks to the team for handling the relocation of to our new offices. The team, at all levels, were extremely helpful and professional, and the move went very smoothly indeed. I would be happy to recommend.”
– Facilities Director, Bird & Bird LLP.
This work was originally completed by Premier Workplace Services, now part of the Crown Worldwide Group.