The ultimate guide to office relocation
There are numerous reasons why an organization will consider an office move, a lease break or expiry may be looming, or they may be growing as a business and need to find a larger, more fit for purpose space.
In this guide to office relocation, we’ll cover the step by step instructions to help you put together a plan of action that results in maximum efficiency:
- Appoint a project leader to manage the whole process.
- Pick the perfect location to base your company.
- Forecast a relocations budget.
- Enlist a property agent to assist your property search.
- Hire an office relocation specialist with the right credentials.
- Work with IT to implement their strategy into your new workplace.
- Complete a storage audit to map out a landscape of your data.
- Communicate with your employees to let them know about any changes.
- Understand what space you really need and how to use it.
- Pick furniture that is practical, comfortable and attractive.
- Decide how sustainable you’d like your office to be.
- Ensure your workplace relocation specialist provides a dedicated move manager to liaise with all external stakeholders.
- Carry out a debrief once you’ve moved as key learnings will be useful for the next time.
An office move can be one of the biggest decisions your organization will make. With people and workplaces being the two greatest investments, attracting the best people in the current culture means rethinking their working environment.
It’s the opportunity to make positive changes to the business. However, it’s important not to let your excitement run away with you.