The ultimate guide to office relocation
There are numerous reasons why an organization will consider an office move, a lease break or expiry may be looming, or they may be growing as a business and need to find a larger, more fit for purpose space.
In this guide to office relocation, we’ll cover the step by step instructions to help you put together a plan of action that results in maximum efficiency:
- Appoint a project leader to manage the whole process.
- Pick the perfect location to base your company.
- Forecast a relocations budget.
- Enlist a property agent to assist your property search.
- Hire an office relocation specialist with the right credentials.
- Work with IT to implement their strategy into your new workplace.
- Complete a storage audit to map out a landscape of your data.
- Communicate with your employees to let them know about any changes.
- Understand what space you really need and how to use it.
- Pick furniture that is practical, comfortable and attractive.
- Decide how sustainable you’d like your office to be.
- Ensure your workplace relocation specialist provides a dedicated move manager to liaise with all external stakeholders.
- Carry out a debrief once you’ve moved as key learnings will be useful for the next time.
Workplace design experts predict the Covid-19 pandemic could prove a major challenge to the future of workspaces. Some of the biggest companies in the United Kingdom have embraced hot-desking as a way of reducing office space, embracing flexible working, utilising new technology and reducing overheads. Whilst being a hugely successful rollout, how much will things […]
An office move can be one of the biggest decisions your organization will make. With people and workplaces being the two greatest investments, attracting the best people in the current culture means rethinking their working environment.
As organizations return to the workplace, adjustments to working practices will undoubtedly need to be taken – be it the continuation of the work from home policy or the increase in social distancing. How workplaces will operate and what this means in terms of shifts, working layouts and staff protection measures will continue to evolve. […]