The ultimate guide to office relocation
There are numerous reasons why an organization will consider an office move, a lease break or expiry may be looming, or they may be growing as a business and need to find a larger, more fit for purpose space.
In this guide to office relocation, we’ll cover the step by step instructions to help you put together a plan of action that results in maximum efficiency:
- Appoint a project leader to manage the whole process.
- Pick the perfect location to base your company.
- Forecast a relocations budget.
- Enlist a property agent to assist your property search.
- Hire an office relocation specialist with the right credentials.
- Work with IT to implement their strategy into your new workplace.
- Complete a storage audit to map out a landscape of your data.
- Communicate with your employees to let them know about any changes.
- Understand what space you really need and how to use it.
- Pick furniture that is practical, comfortable and attractive.
- Decide how sustainable you’d like your office to be.
- Ensure your workplace relocation specialist provides a dedicated move manager to liaise with all external stakeholders.
- Carry out a debrief once you’ve moved as key learnings will be useful for the next time.
In every market globally, people and workplaces have traditionally been the two biggest investments organizations have had to make. They are inextricably linked and together are key to inspiring better performance. This connection arguably remains stronger today than ever, even though the world of work fundamentally changed over the past 18 months. In many ways […]
Pre-pandemic, the workplace was evolving, and many trends that were taking place around re-thinking workspaces have been happening – Covid has just accelerated them. As the world slowly opens again and employees start to return to the workplace in many locations, all employers across the globe are facing a critical decision. More than ever before, […]
A change in scenery could be just what’s required to turn your employees into a happy and productive team. Employees eventually resemble the environment you put them in. But thought and imagination, allied to a strong sense of your brand identity, can create a positive transformation in everyone. Discover five essential questions – and answers […]