Certain organisations such as hospitals, universities, manufacturing facilities and libraries have individual and specialist needs that extend beyond those of the average workplace relocation. At Crown Workspace, we understand the unique requirements associated with these specialist moves and provide a bespoke service to suit you.
We have helped to relocate a wide range of commercial businesses and public sector organisations, including major hospitals, laboratories, museums, factories, colleges, libraries and universities. Our extensive experience in planning and delivering specialist relocation projects can be undertaken around your exact needs.
We can work outside of your operational hours to avoid potential conflicts with employees, students and the public. For example, we have moved museum exhibitions overnight and library collections over weekends to minimise disruption.
Maintaining live and sensitive operations
We appreciate the complexities of relocating whilst supporting live and sensitive operations and have carried out live cold moves, including fridges and freezers maintaining critical sub-zero temperatures for chemicals in laboratory moves.
We have pulled files required for clinics and emergencies and backfilled returned files during hospital moves so as not to disrupt the delivery of medical services. We have employed banksmen to accompany every vehicle movement across campus during university moves, so as to ensure the safety of students at all times.
Flexibility to meet your needs
We provide complete flexibility to meet your needs, whether you are moving a small art collection or a single exhibition, relocating hundreds of departments in a busy hospital or university, or hundreds of linear kilometres of books and journals in a national library.
As a leading workplace change service provider, we have the capability to meet all your relocation requirements in one integrated solution. As well as moving your collections, files, chemicals, OEMs and specialist equipment, we can relocate your staff and IT equipment too.
What makes our specialist relocations different?
Our unrivalled laboratory relocation services
We have unrivalled experience in relocating large and small scale laboratories for medical and biomedical parks, research organisations, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare and veterinary services across the UK.
We understand the complexities and unique requirements of laboratory relocations and will successfully complete your move in line with legislation and good laboratory practice, whilst minimising your costs and downtime.
Our specialist laboratory relocation services can support you with:
- Move project management – Whilst minimising the risk and costs to your business, Crown Workspace will comprehensively plan, manage and deliver your relocation from start to finish, liaising with your staff to scope your requirements and tailoring your move in order to meet your individual needs.
- Laboratory equipment audits– Our team will audit and provide an inventory of your equipment, establishing specialist handling and move requirements, and meeting any clearance requirements including sale and auction, donation or disposal.
- OEM relocations – We will work with you to identify original equipment manufacturer (OEM) requirements, liaising with vendors and supporting them to ensure the relocation of your assets is conducted in the most cost-effective and secure way.
- Hazardous relocations – We will relocate your chemicals and other hazardous materials safely and securely, in line with handling and transportation legislation. We employ a full-time Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA) and ADR drivers as well as fully trained staff and specialist packing.
- Fridge and freezer relocations – With our specialist generator vehicles, we will relocate your fridges and freezers and keep them fully powered throughout the transfer, maintaining the required temperature on these critical items.
Our market-leading library relocation services
Crown Workspace is one of the leading library relocation specialists in the UK. We have unrivalled experience in moving national, public, university, college, schools and specialist libraries. We employ a dedicated library team fully trained in the art of sequential packing including Dewey, Binary and Library of Congress classification systems.
This ensures that all collections are relocated accurately and with traceability throughout the whole project. Our strict vetting and security processes ensure that all of our operatives are cleared to work at the highest government levels.
Whether you require support in relocating your books, documents and journals across your campus or estate, or you are moving to a new building, our team has the expertise, resources and professional working methodologies to successfully support your project.
Our library relocation services can support you with:
- Project management
- Physical move
- Book collection, artefact and shelf cleaning
- Temporary or long term storage
- Shelving and other furniture remanufacturing
- Enabling donation of unwanted items
- Book and journal recycling
- Collection integration or segregation
- Sustainable library clearances
Leading expert in relocating hospitals and medical services
As one of the UK’s leading experts in the delivery of relocation projects for hospitals, Crown Workspace has extensive experience of the medical sector and detailed working knowledge of the National Health Service.
We work closely in partnership with our medical clients and fully appreciate the sensitive and critical nature of the workplace, and the need to keep services running throughout the move. Our security-vetted staff understand the importance of maintaining health and safety and sanitisation procedures, whilst delivering a professional and successful move that minimises disruption to key services.
Our hospital and medical relocation services can support you with:
- Project and move management
- Migrating medical and x-ray records
- Relocating specialist medical equipment
- Moving chemicals and other hazardous materials
- Relocating staff
- Temporary storage
- Sustainable solutions