At Crown Workspace, we understand the importance of furnishing your office and managing these assets sustainably and efficiently. We can assist you along every step of the way when it comes to furnishing your office.
We offer a wide range of tailored furniture services, including auditing, remanufacturing, resale, donation, consultancy, installation and furniture sales, and can support you whether you are having an office clear-out, relocating or refreshing your office, expanding your team or operating normally.
What makes us different?
When moving or changing the workplace, key decisions need to be made around furniture to meet future need. Our staff work to project briefs and have relationships with main manufacturers, so we can manage the ordering process and store the furniture ready for installation.
As the leading provider in circular office solutions, we can also propose sustainable alternatives to meet a project brief, not only saving time and money but also reducing environmental impact and delivering social value.
Our award-winning and market-leading sustainable furniture services were recognised in April 2016 when Premier Workplace Services, acquired by Crown Workspace, won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development, the UK’s highest accolade for business success. This enables us to offer business-class furniture services that are focused on achieving the best financial, environmental and social outcomes for your office furniture, helping our clients move towards a more circular office.
Authorised Refurbishment Partner for Herman Miller in UK & Ireland
Crown Workspace are an Authorised Refurbishment Partner for Herman Miller furniture in the UK and Ireland. This industry-leading partnership puts us in a unique position to ensure that our Herman Miller products are refurbished to the highest standards, with genuine spares and parts, guaranteeing the performance, safety and environmental standards of the Herman Miller furniture we refurbish and sell.
Our remanufacturing facility, the Renew Centre
At our award-winning Renew Centre, which is the UK’s leading independent commercial facility, we can repair, refurbish and remanufacture your existing furniture to meet your future needs and deliver a sustainable workplace.
Furthermore, our in-house team of experts refurbish items back to showroom condition, with refurbished and remanufactured office furniture costing typically 70/80% less than equivalent new items. We can also produce bespoke items to match existing assets or create unique pieces. Our savings reports allow you to showcase both carbon and water savings to support your sustainability agenda. Are you interested in taking a tour of the Renew Centre?
Our refurbished office furniture online shop, Office Resale
Office Resale offers an affordable way to purchase high-quality, used office furniture online at a fraction of the cost of buying new. As one of the UK’s top quality used office furniture retailers, Office Resale offers a full range of quality products from task chairs, desks and office storage to meeting room, reception and break-out furniture.
It helps us drive change in the perception of ‘used’ furniture in the workplace, as well as avoiding furniture going to landfill.
Our donation initiative, the Giving Back Project
The Giving Back Project helps our clients to ‘give back’ to schools, charities and social enterprises by donating unwanting furniture with little or no resale value. Through this project, we have enabled clients to donate tens of thousands of items of furniture to those in need, with full traceability and certificates of thanks.
In 2018/19, we facilitated the donation of 1,516 items, including 76 desks, 835 office chairs, 104 meeting tables, and 110 armchairs, many of which were refurbished at our Renew Centre before distribution. This diverted 30.2 tonnes from landfill and saved 104 tonnes of CO2(e).
Over 100 charities have benefitted from the scheme, with over 20,000 items being donated to charities since 2011.
“Over the past two years, we have received some amazing items using this scheme. We are extremely grateful for all of your support and donations.”
Edy, Operations Manager, Dandelion
Our office furniture services can support you with:
- Office furniture auditing – Our audit, storage and stock control services help our clients manage office resources more effectively and sustainably, preventing waste in the first place by supporting reuse internally.
- Office furniture remanufacturing – We help clients make the most of their existing furniture assets, returning them to as good as new condition and remanufacturing them to meet new working requirements.
- Used office furniture sales and purchasing – We help our clients to get the most out of unwanted assets whilst prolonging their life, benefiting others and protecting the environment through our extensive furniture resale operations. Office Resale also enables our clients to buy high quality used office furniture from top brands at a fraction of the cost of buying new.
- Office furniture donation – We help our clients to ‘give back’ as part of their sustainable clearance, and enable them to donate unwanted furniture with little or no resale value to charities, schools and social enterprises through our donation initiative, the Giving Back Project.
- Furniture consultancy – We assess your existing stock, advise what is achievable in terms of refurbishment or remanufacturing, and offer proposals on alternative solutions – whether sustainable, bespoke or new items – to suit your exact needs.
- Sustainable office clearances – we help our clients meet their business objectives and their sustainability targets. Designed around the waste hierarchy, this extensive range of services enables us to generate the best financial, environmental and social outcomes from your office and IT clear outs.
- Furniture leasing/hire – For those with a short-term need or perhaps seeking a more sustainable solution for their circular office, we can provide office furniture leasing options.
- New furniture – Our interior designers and furniture experts can help you discover what you might require completing your office furniture set up. If we can’t support directly with refurbished office furniture, we have a trusted network of manufacturers and furniture dealers that can support our clients with their new furniture requirements.