Crown Workspace’s award-winning Renew Centre is the UK’s leading independent commercial facility dedicated to remanufacturing, refurbishing and repairing desks, chairs and other office furniture.
Our state-of-the-art facility and dedicated team enable us to make the most of our clients’ office assets and return them to shop-floor condition at a fraction of the cost of buying new.
Between 2014 and 2019, we remanufactured and refurbished over 30,000 desks, chairs and other office furniture diverting 890 tonnes from landfill and delivering a total saving of 1,900 tonnes of CO2(e). We have helped thousands of clients make financial and environmental savings whilst applying circular economy principles to the office.
What makes our office furniture remanufacturing facility different?
The Renew Centre enables us to:
- Provide high-quality remanufactured and refurbished furniture
- Reduce the cost of updating furniture
- Extend the lifecycle of your assets
- Deliver environmental savings
- Remanufacture unwanted furniture for the Giving Back Project
Our Renew Centre is a much-toured facility by clients, academics, journalists and future designers as a market-leading furniture remanufacturer providing a commercial service that helps clients incorporate circular economy principles into the office. In 2019, the Renew Centre was selected by the global IKEA design team to learn about furniture remanufacturing and more sustainable solutions. Are you interested in taking a tour of the Renew Centre?
Our 5,000 square feet or remanufacturing space houses high specification machinery, including two industrial CNC machines, an edge bander and lifting system. We employ a growing team trained in a variety of areas of expertise including upholstery, metal spraying, CNC operation, carpentry, CAD design and planning, and furniture fitting.
“The Renew Centre service is much quicker than buying new and reusing our furniture is much better for the environment. The quality of the office furniture that we have received from the Renew Centre is ‘as good as new’.”
Head of Facilities, Tesco Stores PLC
The UK’s highest accolade for business success
In April 2016, Premier Workplace Services, who was acquired by Crown Workspace in 2018 won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, the UK’s highest accolade for business success. The award was in recognition of the sustainable office furniture services delivered by Premier Sustain and particularly for the Renew Centre.
Continual investment in remanufacturing office furniture
We have invested heavily in the Renew Centre since its inception. In 2018, we invested in Cabinet Vision software, which reduces waste by eliminating the need for prototypes. In 2018/19, 28 bespoke items were designed using Cabinet Vision, saving 1.36 tonnes of chipboard.
Rigorous testing and warranties
All our furniture undergoes a rigorous test and assessment process upon completion of remanufacturing and comes with a warranty ensuring your office assets really are as good as new.
The Renew Centre can support you with:
- Office desk remanufacturing – Utilising the existing desk framework, we can reduce the footprint of each workstation and make the most out of your office space.
- Desktop production – Remanufacturing new tops that can be used on your existing desk framework or reconfigured desk frames, we can help you create an agile working environment.
- Chair and break-out seating remanufacture and re-upholstery – We remanufacture, reupholster and repair office chairs and break-out seating from all major manufacturers to bring them a new lease of life.
- Chair re-spraying – Re-spraying chair bases, metal components and non-fabric chairs, we can provide a completely fresh look to your furniture.
- Acoustic screen and notice board refurbishment – We can change the colour or size of your existing acoustic screens and notice boards to match new desks and differing requirements.
- Specialist remanufacturing and remodelling – Our remanufacturing and remodelling services also include cabinets, library shelving, hospital seating, and reception furniture.
- Cleaning and repair – We can audit furniture, clean and repair items as part of an office move or business as usual service.
- Bespoke furniture – We can make bespoke items such as desks, chairs, booth and banqueting seating, lockers, recycling banks, cupboards and shelves to match existing assets or other used items.