Sustainable Workplace Solutions
The principles of the circular economy make perfect sense. Use less, share more, and ensure that what you use has the potential to be reused, repurposed or recycled.
At Crown Workspace, we understand that the drive to minimise the impact of business on our wider environment and society is no longer a ‘nice to have’ but a business imperative.
This is why we offer a comprehensive range of sustainable workplace solutions for office furniture, IT and electrical equipment. Delivered to the business class standards, we help our clients achieve the best social, environmental and financial outcomes and move towards a more circular office approach to the management and clearance of these assets.
Our comprehensive range of sustainable workplace solutions are designed around the waste hierarchy. These services include audit, storage, remanufacturing, resale, donation and zero-landfill clearance solutions for furniture, IT and electrical equipment.
Sustainability at the core of everything we do
Our wide range of sustainable workplace services is constantly evolving to cater to the needs of today’s businesses. We work alongside clients to support their sustainability agenda and are always looking to offer new and innovative ways to assist their needs.
Whether furnishing, clearing or refurbishing your office, Crown Workspaces’ services enable businesses to:
- Achieve cost savings
- Deliver social value
- Reduce impact on the environment
Our services also positively contribute to environmental accreditations such as BREEAM, LEED and SKA.
On completion of a client project, we can provide a full and comprehensive client savings report outlining project savings from reuse, resale and rebates, donations and charities supported, and the carbon savings achieved by using our services.
As well as providing sustainable workplace services to our clients, Crown Workspace is committed to reducing our own direct environmental impacts.
Furnishing your office sustainability
Whether clients are relocating or refreshing their office, expanding their team or operating normally, we offer a wide range of sustainable furniture services, including auditing, remanufacturing, resale, donation, consultancy and furniture sales.
Our team will assess your existing stock, advise what is achievable in terms of refurbishment or remanufacturing and offer proposals on alternative sustainable, bespoke or new items to suit your exact needs.
Furthermore, we provide measurable benefits through our client savings report, capturing the financial savings achieved through resale and recycling, the social savings in terms of charities support, and the carbon and water savings achieved through our services. We also provide a full audit trail, including destruction certification for all data-bearing devices, and movement or recyclables and waste.
Sustainable office clearances
We enable clients to sustainably clear out redundant office furniture, IT and electrical equipment, meeting their business objectives and sustainability targets whilst delivering to their timescales and budgets.
Each clearance will be fully project managed through one point of contact. Clients’ furniture, equipment, buildings and staff will be protected at all times by our fully vetted and experienced team using high quality and well-maintained resources. We provide full audit trails and client savings reports for every clearance.
We have completed sustainable clearances for the likes of BBC, Investec and the Cabinet Office.
Redundant IT services
Our end of life IT services service makes it easy for our clients to manage redundant items securely, compliantly and sustainability. We help them maximise the financial, environmental and social value of redundant IT and electrical equipment whilst prioritising security, minimising any risks and ensuring they meet their legal requirements.
Our award-winning remanufacturing hub, the Renew Centre
We provide award-winning innovation with our Renew Centre, which is the UK’s leading independent, commercial facility dedicated to remanufacturing, refurbishing and repairing desks, chairs and office furniture. All furniture is remanufactured to the highest quality by our talented and trained carpenters, and all works undertaken are provided with a warranty.
Our on-site Renew Centre is a much-toured facility by clients, academics, journalists and future designers, due to the market-leading circular services focused around reuse, repair and resale. The Renew Centre was visited by the global IKEA design team to learn about furniture remanufacturing and more sustainable solutions. Are you interested in taking a tour of the Renew Centre?
In April 2016, Premier Workspace Services, acquired by Crown Workspace, won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, the UK’s highest accolade for business success. The award is in recognition of the sustainable office furniture services delivered by us and particularly for our remanufacturing hub, the Renew Centre.
Our sustainable workplace solutions include:
- Furniture, IT and electrical equipment auditing – We capture all the details on the condition and location of clients’ assets, supporting internal reuse and, where appropriate, highlighting best disposal options with resale value, donation viability and segregation requirements for recycling and recovery.
- Secure storage facilities – Our storage solutions with online viewing and ordering capabilities as well as activity and usage reporting help clients minimise waste and over-ordering. Find out more about our storage services.
- Office furniture remanufacturing and repair – Our office furniture remanufacturing services help our clients make the most of their existing furniture assets, returning these items to ‘as good as new’ condition and remanufacturing them to meet new working requirements. Find out more about our furniture remanufacturing services.
- Secure data destruction – Our security cleared staff can securely wipe all IT data-bearing devices on-site or off-site using specialist, certified and approved software. We can then prepare clients’ redundant IT and electrical equipment for reuse. Find out more about our redundant IT services.
- Used office furniture, IT and electrical equipment purchase and sale – Our online shops, Office Resale and IT Resale, ensure you receive maximum value for your redundant resources. These channels also make procuring quality used office furniture, IT and electrical equipment attractive and accessible. Our expert teams are on hand to provide advice, assistance and bespoke proposals.
- Furniture, IT and electrical equipment donation – We help our clients to ‘give back’ as part of a sustainable clearance, enabling them to donate unwanted furniture, IT and electrical equipment with little or no resale value through our donation initiative, the Giving Back Project.
- Sustainable office clearances – we help our clients meet their business objectives and their sustainability targets whilst delivering to their timescales and budgets.
- Furniture leasing/hire – For those with a short-term need or perhaps seeking a more sustainable solution for their circular office, we can provide office furniture leasing options. Offices can, therefore, benefit from a fresher look, with minimum impact on the budget and environment.
- Zero to landfill solutions – We work with fully licensed local recycling partners to maximise recycling with non-recyclable waste going to generate energy-from-waste wherever possible.