Justifying Hausfeld’s workplace improvement plans
Hausfeld is a leading global law firm that clients trust with their most complex legal disputes and competition matters.
We have been working in partnership with Hausfeld LLP for a number of years, providing them with a completely integrated service covering move management, move logistics, interior refurbishment, IT and telecoms relocation works, sustainable clearances and office furniture remanufacturing.
The five R’s of our project
Hausfeld were seeking to implement a more agile working environment and increase facilities following their growth programme in the UK. The project included:
- Refurbishment of 700m2 of office space over 2 floors in individual phases
- Relocation of over 53 staff from different departments
- Removal, relocation and installation of refurbished furniture and IT equipment
- Remanufacture of office furniture for reuse
- Re-carpeting and decoration
As a law firm, it was vital that working practices could support the safety and security of the staff, building assets and the confidential documents.
This project required the teams to deliver the transformation whilst the site was fully occupied, requiring extremely meticulous planning and co-ordination.
Aligning all schedules to ensure smooth project completion
The deployment of staff, resources and communications were critical to the smooth delivery of the project and had to be aligned with the ordering of materials, furniture and equipment to ensure that schedules and budgets were adhered to.
In order to provide a safe and smooth refurbishment that minimised impact on the working environment, we carried out significant parts of the project out of operational hours and during weekends.
- Stripping out the offices and carpet
- Identifying items for reuse
- Building new offices, creation of meeting rooms with ‘write on’ walls for collaborative working
- Implementation of effective sound insulation
- Re-patching and repairing of ceiling tiles
- Replacing and renewing lighting systems
- Upgrading and replacing all the HVAC systems and modifying this to support the new meeting room environments
- Building partitions, informal workspaces and project areas
- Installing and decorating zones for kitchen, recycling and work areas
- Creation of shelving units
“The team did an excellent job completing this significant transformation with minimum impact on our operations. The standard of finish achieved was very good.
The support they provided to all staff to keep the smooth and secure operation of our offices was greatly appreciated by the whole company.”
Jenna Corden, Commercial Facilities Director