Meticulous move management for a mighty brand
Founded in 1919, Tesco is one of the most recognised brands, let alone supermarket brands, in the world.
Tesco Stores required a service partner to provide professional move management, workplace renovation, furniture installation and relocation services covering Tesco Stores main offices in Hertfordshire and other regions.
This also incorporated Tesco Bank offices nationwide as well as call centres in Cardiff and Dundee.
Relocating staff and making great savings
We have been working in partnership with Tesco Stores since the late 1990s – achieving the successful delivery of various UK-wide projects for Tesco Stores Ltd.
The largest project so far has been the installation of Head Office teams to Welwyn Garden City, following the removal and clearance from Tesco’s previous Head Office in Cheshunt.
This involved refurbishing the Welwyn Garden City workplace then moving furniture, IT and AV covering over 6,300 positions for over 5,300 staff from across 45 different departments. Through remanufacturing existing furniture, Tesco Stores saved £315k.
Other Tesco Stores Projects undertaken have included the Head Office in Edinburgh for 600 personnel, Tesco Banking call centre in Glasgow employing 1400 personnel and a call centre for Tesco Insurance in Newcastle employing 1200 staff.
For each project, we have liaised with the relevant Tesco teams, providing management of all works, removals, installation of furniture, IT and AV equipment and the relocation of all personnel into each building.
- Project & move management, liaison with Tesco Property team and delivery of works while maintaining business as usual for Tesco Stores employees
- Space planning to incorporate meeting rooms and breakout areas
- Sustainable remanufacturing of existing office furniture
- Interior refurbishments including painting, flooring, and lighting
- Mechanical and electrical works
- Secure office and IT packing and moves
- IT & telecoms disconnection, reconnection and patching works
- Sustainable clearance, diverting waste from landfill and donating unwanted items to charity
A business partnership that has gained recognition
We have established and built a dynamic relationship to support Tesco Stores’ ongoing moves and interiors projects. This led us to receive numerous ‘Values Awards’ in recognition of our work with them.
Feedback from the Tesco teams has been extremely positive across all projects, with staff delighted with their new working environments.
“This project has once again proved a successful partnership. Not only have they achieved a modern, contemporary look for our Property Team, but by giving us an environmentally friendly option, we have made considerable financial and sustainable savings.”
Andrew Neale, Head of Facilities at Tesco