Specialist library relocations
Crown Workspace is one of the leading library relocation specialists in the UK, with unrivalled experience in moving national, specialist, school, college and university libraries.
Whether you require support in relocating your books, documents and journals across your campus or estate, or you are moving to a new building, our team has the expertise, resources and professional working methodologies to successfully support your project.
What makes us different?
To avoid potential disturbances to the public, employees and students, we have previously used our range of library services to move entire exhibitions overnight and collections over the weekend.
We have a team of dedicated art technicians, and a fleet of specialist vehicles to manage your invaluable art, books or artefacts.
Secure data wiping can be carried out on-site or at our secure facility using software certified by the National Cyber Security Centre and approved by Defence INFOSEC Security Centre.
Sustainable library clearances
All our library projects are supported by sustainable clearance services provided by our team. We will review all the materials that are no longer required and seek the most appropriate environmental solution for them; in full accordance with the principles of the waste hierarchy. We will aim to deliver zero to landfill clearances and will offer clients rebates on recycling values achieved.
Our dedicated specialist library mover team are fully trained in the art of sequential packing, including Dewey, Binary and Library of Congress systems. Our strict vetting and security processes ensure our teams are cleared to work to the highest government levels.
The Crown Workspace team are highly experienced in relocating:
- Books and serials
- Technical documents
- Museum collections
- Rare and special collections
- Microforms and non-print media
- Legal and medical libraries and records
- Film collections and media libraries
- Art collections (including fine art)
- File rooms
- Servers, PCs and AV equipment
- Furniture, shelving and racking
- Library and archive collections, paintings, artefacts, drawings/maps and documents
Our library move services can support you with:
- Project management
- Physical move
- Book collection, artefact and shelf cleaning
- Temporary or long-term book storage in our dedicated secure storage facilities
- Shelving and other furniture remanufacturing
- Enabling donation of unwanted items
- Disposal of unwanted furniture or fixtures
- Book and journal recycling
- Collection integration or segregation
- Sustainable library clearances
“Thanks to the very detailed work by colleagues across the Library and from Crown Workspace, a greater proportion than ever of the UK national collection is now held in the kind of archival conditions best suited to prolonging the lifespan of printed material.”
Chris Fletcher, Project Manager, British Library’s Additional Storage Programme